Please read these “Questions & Answers” carefully before you Sell Your Used Metal Working Machinery with us.
What happens when I submit my machine for approval?
- We will add your machine to our online catalog by placing it into the proper category.
- We will format all pictures, enter all details and specifications properly into our website.
- We will include your machine in our Weekly Newsletter until it is sold.
Fun Fact: Our job is to find a buyer for your machine Fast! The sooner the better.
What else do you do so my machine sells fast?
- Our website is visited hundreds of times a day by potential buyers all over North America; however, we do more than just sit here and wait for the phone to ring.
- We let our own potential customers know that your machine has become available.
- We send quotes and emails to anyone we can think of is looking for your machine.
- We advertise your machine to over 2,500 dealers all across North America. They might know someone that is interested on a machine just like yours.
- We basically expose your machine to anyone we can think of.
How does “Buy My Used Machine” make money?
- If we sell your Used Metal Working Machinery for you, we charge a 10% Commission Fee.
- The 10% commission is deducted from the Asking Price.
- If you set an asking price of $50,000.00 and we sell your machine for you, we make $5,000.00 and you make $45,000.00.
- Our goal is to keep the price of your machine low to potential buyers.
What else do you do for me?
- We handle all of the transactions related to the buyer.
- We invoice them; we collect from them, we work out all of the logistics and transportation with them.
- We make it very simple for you.
Invoicing and Payment:
- As a seller, you will need to provide a proper invoice to Onix Machinery Ltd. (“Buy My Used Machine”) only when the machine is sold.
- The invoice must have the following information:
- Company Name, Billing Address, Phone Number, Invoice #, Business Number.
- It must show the description of the machine, asking price minus the 10% Commission Fee + Applicable Provincial Sales Taxes.
- We do all of our payments via Bank transfers, Wire Transfers or E.F.T. (Electronic Funds Transfer).
- The machine must be free and clear of all liens and encumbrances.
- Please provide proper documentation stating any outstanding leasing information on the machine listed above if applicable.
Please Note: The machine does not ship from your shop until full payment is received from the buyer.
Decommissioning, Rigging/Loading, Transportation:
- You are 100% responsible for decommissioning and preparing the machine for shipping.
- The machine must be somewhat clean before shipment.
- All exposed metal parts such as shear blades, Press Brake Tooling, Nose Bars, etc. should all be sprayed with anti-corrosive solution.
- Any loose components must be properly secured to skids, crates, etc.
- Set your “Asking Price” for the machine to cover the labor to perform the above tasks.
- Rigging and Loading:
- Rigging and Loading is 100% responsibility of the buyer.
- If you have a forklift and/or an overhead crane and can load the machine onto a truck for us, that’s great!
- If you don’t have the means of loading the equipment, we will take care of rigging/loading.
- As part of our services, we handle the transportation of the machine to the buyer’s shop.
- Transportation is 100% responsibility of the buyer.
- We don’t have a strict “Sales Deadline” Policy; however:
- If the machine is not sold within 60 days from the posted date, we will contact you and ask you if we can reduce the selling price by 5% in an effort to sell the machine.
- After 90 days, we will contact you again and ask you if we can reduce selling price by another 5%.
- If the machine does not sell after 120 days, we may remove it from our website without further notice.
- Please keep in mind that we will still charge a Finder’s “Fee/Commission” of 10% of the reduced price.
- If in the meantime you sell the machine please let us know so we can remove it from the website or noted as “SOLD”.