You can also arrange your own shipping, when applicable, if you’d prefer. Talk to a customer service representative at 1-(833) 399-5395 for more information on this option.
HOW ARE ITEMS SHIPPED?
Buy My Used Machine ships all equipment via (LTL) Freight. Less than truckload freight shipping (LTL) is used for the transportation of small freight or when freight doesn’t require the use of an entire trailer. This shipping method can be used when freight weighs between 150 and 15,000 pounds. When shipping LTL, the shipper pays for the portion of a standard truck trailer their freight occupies, while other shippers and their shipments fill the unoccupied space. There are a number of benefits to shipping via LTL.
Benefits of LTL shipping:
- Reduces costs: When booking an LTL shipment, you only pay for the portion of the trailer used. The rest of the cost is covered by the other occupants of the trailer’s space.
- Increases security: All LTL shipments are packaged onto pallets before being loaded onto a truck. One well-packaged pallet has a better chance of remaining secure than shipments with multiple smaller handling units.
- Additional service options: When shipping via LTL, you gain access to special services like liftgates and inside pickup and delivery. Talk to a customer service representative at 1-(833) 399-5395 for more information on this options. Extra fees will apply.
- Tracking: LTL carriers offer tracking capabilities through the bill of lading number, PRO number, PO number, shipment reference number and pick up date range, to name a few.
DO I NEED A FORKLIFT TO UNLOAD THE HEAVY MACHINERY?
Simple answer is: Yes. Your delivery address also must be accessible by tractor-trailer. Furthermore, truck drivers are not required to assist with unloading. You are responsible for unloading your freight and for moving it into your shop.
You can also arrange to pick up your freight at the carrier’s terminal. The carrier will load the item onto your vehicle. If you choose this option, please make sure your vehicle is capable of handling the weight and bring plenty of tie-downs to secure the load properly.
HOW ABOUT A CRANE?
If the machine you are buying weighs more than 5,000 Lbs. it is likely that you will need a hi-ab or crane to unload it and place it into your shop.
We will discuss all transportation, loading/unloading details with you prior to shipping.
HOW QUICKLY DO YOU SHIP ORDERS?
- LTL Shipments (up to 15,000 Lbs.), once payment has been received in full, are typically shipped anywhere from 3 to 5 business days.
Please note that once processed, all freight shipments are fully inspected, tested, and packaged according to our strict standards.
To find out how long your order will take to arrive, please call us at 1-(833) 399-5395 and ask what the shipping delay will be.
WHAT IS THE F.O.B. POINT?
We use FOB Origin for all shipments, which means that you are responsible for the merchandise from the time of purchase.